Thursday, January 19, 2006


Windows Live Messenger

I have been using Windows Live Messenger beta for sometime now and found it to be good than compared to any previous versions. But I am not sure on why they are still in beta and haven’t opened it for all users, as we see that Yahoo, Skype gives exactly the same or even more features that WLM has planned/promised.

“What you will be able to do with it
• Send all your familiar winks and emoticons, plus some cool new ones
• Have real-time text, video and voice conversations*
• Call your friends’ mobile or land-line telephones by signing up for MCI Web Calling to make affordable domestic and international calls
• Easily share documents of all kinds with Sharing Folders
• Make free PC-to-PC calls with other Messenger users”

BTW, I have some 8 invitations left, if you want to try WLM beta let me know.

The tool look and feel have changed but does not impress me much, the GUI looks heavy when compared to sleek look of Yahoo and has many unwanted Tabs. 98% of the mails I receive is spam and the other 2% is from Microsoft itself. Huh! most of the people I know have discontinued using hotmail due to so much spam. Check this interview to really understand on how Hotmail works, its aptly titled "Mount everest of email services".

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?